In an effort to reduce the number of quarantines related to COVID-19, Graves County Schools has partnered with Ethos Laboratories to implement a Test to Stay modified quarantine strategy. This program is completely voluntary, and testing will not be conducted unless the District has informed consent from the appropriate person, parent, or guardian. This program is supported by the State so there is no cost to you or the school district. Participants in this program will be able to remain at school following a COVID-19 exposure if they test negative for five consecutive school days. Those that choose to not participate will be subject to our standard quarantine guidelines as described at the bottom of this document. More information about the program can be found at the following link: Ethos Test to Stay Information.
Who is eligible for the Test to Stay program?
- GCSD students and employees that are entirely asymptomatic. Any COVID-19 symptom disqualifies the individual from this program.
- To be eligible for the program, the COVID-19 exposure must have happened at school or a school related activity. Individuals exposed to COVID-19 from activities outside of school or in the home are not eligible for the program.
Test to Stay Protocol
- Testing will take place at your child’s school
- Rapid antigen testing will be performed each day the child is at school for five consecutive school days
- Testing will be conducted at the beginning of the school day
- If a test is positive, the individual will be sent home to isolate immediately
- Participants in the Test to Stay program will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms daily
- Participants in the program that refuse to take their scheduled test will be sent home immediately to quarantine following the standard quarantine guidelines listed below
How do I give consent for my child to participate in the Test to Stay program?
- Program registration instructions can be found on the Graves County Schools Website or by clicking the link: Ethos Laboratories Registration Information
- An individual will not be tested unless they are registered
- If you plan to participate, it is important to register early to maximize program benefits
- Unvaccinated persons identified as a close contact with someone who has COVID-19 must self quarantine for 10 days after the exposure. The individual may return to school on day 11 if symptom free
- If symptom free on day 5, the individual can take a COVID-19 PCR antigen test to shorten their quarantine. If the test is negative, the individual may return to school on day 8.
- Those choosing to participate in the Test to Stay program may continue with in-person instruction by following the test to stay protocol described above.
- Fully Vaccinated persons identified as a close contact do not have to quarantine if they are symptom free.