Response to Intervention (RtI)
In adhering to our district motto "Striving for Excellence, No Exceptions, No Excuses," Graves County schools have implemented the Response to Intervention (RtI)/Kentucky System of Interventions (KSI) system, which is a state and federally mandated process of tiered, research-based interventions designed to address the needs of low-achieving regular education students.
It is our goal to ensure that all students are given every opportunity to achieve. Therefore, each school within the district will help to reach this goal by implementing the district's RtI plan. School grade level RtI teams meet monthly to review student progress.
Our Core Principles of RTI
In Graves County School District, we believe:
- All students can learn and rise to our expectations.
- Everything we do should be student-centered.
- Teachers influence more than any other factor.
- Students learn more when authentically engaged.
- As a team, schools, parents, and communities help students reach their highest potential.
With these core beliefs, we will utilize our core principles of RtI to assist all students. Our core principles include:?
- We can effectively teach all children
- Intervene early
- Use a multi-tier model of service delivery
- Use a problem-solving methodology
- Use research-based, scientifically validated interventions/instruction
- Monitor student progress to inform instruction
- Use assessment data to make decisions for screening, diagnostics, and progress monitoring