1. Our next SBDM meeting will be on Monday, March 26 at 4:00 in the library.
2. There will be a Project Graduation parent meeting on Sunday, March 11 at 2:00.
3. Report cards will be sent home with students on Thursday, March 15.
4. Graves County Schools will be closed on Friday, March 16.
5. There has recently been multiple national organizations calling for students across the country to do a walk out in protest of current gun laws and as a sort of memorial for the students that lost their lives in the Marshall County and Parkland, FL school shootings. I view this as an educational opportunity, and with that in mind we will provide a platform for students and faculty to participate in this event.
On Wednesday, March 14, students that would like to participate will be allowed to walk out at 10:00. There will be a section in the front parking lot that is roped off, and participating students will be expected to stay in that area. Students will be allowed to stay outside for a total of 19 minutes, that is one minute for each victim killed in Marshall County and Parkland, FL. All students will be expected to be back in their regular class by 10:25. Regular discipline will be in place for students that arrive to class after 10:25 and for students who do not stay in the designated area. Faculty will be monitoring this event, and we have invited local law enforcement officers to be present as well.
Students are not required to participate in this event. Anyone that does not want to walk out will be allowed to go about their school day as normal.
Finally, we will be communicating with all students the importance of being respectful of those that have a different point of view. It is important for students to learn to listen to others opinions and to respect the person even if we disagree with them.
6. The Athletic and Arts Schedule for this week is below:
Monday, March 5
Boys Basketball v Marshall, 7:30, CFSB Center
Tuesday, March 6
Boys Basketball Regional Championship, 7:00
Wednesday, March 7
Thursday, March 8
Quad State Track Meet at McCracken
Friday, March 9
Saturday, March 10
KCA Scholastic State Individual Chess Tourny at Paducah MSU Campus
JROTC Robotics Event
Baseball Scrimmage at Lake Co. TN, 12:00
Softball Scrimmage at Murray
Archery at Trigg
That is all for now. Enjoy the rest of your week. It's a great day to be an Eagle!